top of page

Get a Card

Do I need a library card?   YES

The Elroy Public Library belongs to the Winding Rivers Library System (WRLS). This means that you must be registered and in good standing (no overdues of fines above $10) at a WRLS library in order to check out our materials.  Being part of WRLS allows you to borrow or return items in any of libraries in system.

How do I get one?

Library cards are free but require a brief registration form, a photo I.D. such as a driver’s license, and a letter to show residency.  If you lose your card, photo ID is required to get a replacement.

Minor’s (under 18) must have their registration form signed by a parent or guardian assuming responsibility for any late, damaged or lost materials.

Can I order Library Items from home computer ?  YES

You click on Catalog above.  Find items you like, and select RESERVE.

Can I get electronic books or audio ?  YES (Use LIBBY app to get these).

Do I need a PIN ?  YES

Patrons are automatically assigned a PIN that is the last 4 numbers of the phone number the LIBRARY HAS IN SYSTEM.  If your phone number does not work, we may have an old number in system. You are also blocked if you have fines, overdue items, or have not updated registration in the last year. Call to resolve the issue (608) 462-2407.

What is a RESERVE or a HOLD ?

Reserves and Holds may be placed on books and audio/visual materials at the circulation desk at the library or online.  The patron will be notified when materials on hold arrive for the patron’ use at whichever location specified (you can have sent to your hometown or where you vacation).

You can only pick up your own items. No one else is allowed to check out for you.

Renewal of books and audio/visual materials which are not on hold may be made at the library circulation desk or online.  (Note: if the material you wish to renew is on hold for another patron, you will not be able to renew the item.)

The computer says my card Expired?   Every Library patron must confirm their address annually and until that is completed the system states you are "expired."  Call the Library or stop in to update.

What if WRLS don’t have what I want? Time to try WISCAT

If we do not own the item you are looking for, we will try to borrow it for you from another library through the Wisconsin Catalog database, WISCAT. Deliveries are made to our library by van four days a week.  WISCAT includes contributing libraries from all over Wisconsin and Minnesota, and occasionally from other states. You will be notified by e-mail or phone when your item arrives, and you can return it to our library.

If you prefer, we can authorize you to make your own WISCAT requests from your home computer (call to set up). 

No Card? Click Here to Get Digital Card during Closure.

If already have card, this is not option.

bottom of page